Are you interested in gaining skills and certification needed to build rain gardens, either for personal or professional use? Want to learn the following?
- Understand why stormwater needs to be managed.
- Understand the importance of properly-designed practices.
- Understand the principles of rain garden location, construction and maintenance.
- Learn how to properly design and size rain gardens and other BMPs.
- Be able to select appropriate vegetation.
- Design, build and plant a small rain garden.
- Be eligible to take a test at the conclusion of the training to be certified in rain garden design and installation.
Check out the link below for information on this exciting rain garden certification workshop being held by NC Cooperative Extension in Hendersonville on Saturday, March 10th:
Interested in erosion control, invasive species removal, native plants, right-of-way maintenance, storm water control?
Please join Ivy River Partners and NC State Extension for an all-day workshop to learn how to repair and shade your stream using native livestakes (live-plant cuttings)
FREE Workshop Includes:
-Expert Instruction* & Printables
-Hands-on streambank planting/repair
-Takehome livestake cuttings such as Ninebark, Elderberry, and Silky Dogwood
Who Should Attend: HOA officers, homeowners/ landowners, local government personnel, landscapers, landscape contractors, RLAs, engineers, utility workers, park managers, students and environmental educators.
*commercial pesticide applicator credits available
March 9th from 8:30am-4pm
@ the Co-operative Extension Office in Marshall and Mars Hill Elementary
Space is limited and you must register.